Smile ★ Happy ★ Love

Sep 10, 2013

Just do it!

Did my blood test today! Woohoo, I am a step closer to my dream now!Seriously I think I am a big girl now! I was not afraid of blood test anymore! My phobia of needle is getting smaller and smaller! clap clap for myself  By the way, the blood test is one of the preparations before I go to Guatemala! I still have to take a lot of injections after that.. finger cross I am strong enough so I can have less injections hahahhaha




                Will it be less painful if a handsome doctor do the injection for me? haha :p


So yea, 73 days to my 'Spread the LOVE to Guatemala' challenge (sorry for the fancy name, but I just love it. haha) I am excited for the challenge as usual. However, when this news spread through my family, it becomes a shocking news for them. Most of my family members do not agree with my decision. Most of the reasons are too risky, I cant handle it, too far away.. blah blah blah I understand that they are concern about my safety, and this is because they love me :)

But there are few reasons why I choose to volunteer in Guatemala:

First, volunteering in an undeveloped country is always my dream, and Guatemala is an undeveloped county. 
Second, as my first post mentioned, South Africa was my first choice, but sadly, they dont offer volunteer program at the end of the year. So, Guatemala became my choice. hehe

Third, actually I thought of going to Thailand too, but the programme fee for Guatemala is same as Thailand. So I thought why not choose America since the programme fee are the same, and I can explore the world too. It seemed like a good offer, and I was happy with my SMART decision. BUT I totally forgot about the flight ticket haha

I admit that my decision is a bit impulsive. Maybe I should start from country like Thailand or Vietnam, at least it is nearer to Malaysia and the culture might be similar,it might be easier for me to handle the situation. For Guatemala, it's not a familiar country to me, I don't have any knowledge  about their culture, language and even lifestyle. Is that place safe? What is the distance between Guatemala and Malaysia? What the air flight cost? What the time difference? How can I get there? I can't answer any of these questions when I decided to accept the offer. At that moment, I was just thinking that I want to do something special and memorable for my 21st... Thanks to the fabulous GVN team and Google, my questions are answered.

So, I have to fly 36 hours from Malaysia to Guatemala and transit in 2 countries, which is very exciting lol. Frankly speaking, I am a bit nervous and worry after I getting more and more research and details about Guatemala. But I never regret! I know this challenge will be one of my memorable life experiences. Somehow, I really glad that I made this decision without worried too much. And most importantly, I have a super supportive DADDY <3 He is the only man who encourage me and support me to pursue my dream! I really glad that I have the chance to take this challenge! 

Life is too short! Don't spend too much time to worry about something you really want to do! When you get the chance, don't be afraid of any obstacle, listen to your heart and JUST DO IT
  


                            You can do it! I can do it! We can do it!! Do it Do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment